Nioctib.tech, a Bitcoin Education Site
Recently I launched nioctib.tech, a Bitcoin education site which currently supports searching and displaying Bitcoin transactions as well as interpreting the locking and unlocking script associated with those transactions.
Couple of Script related things that are supported:
- All the op codes in Bitcoin script.
- Segregated Witness transactions.
- Different transactions types, such as P2PKH, P2SH, P2WSH and P2WPKH, etc.
Still a lot of room for improvements, for example, address search could be enabled, more information from backend could be presented at the frontend to help better understand how the transaction is verified. But I hope this could already be helpful for people who want to build a deeper understanding of how Bitcoin script works.
The intention is that in the future when more script related features are introduced in Bitcoin, such as Taproot, MAST or Schnorr signatures, nioctib could be extended to help people understanding those as well.
Following is a screenshot of the site displaying a MultiSig P2SH script while it is executed.
All the code is open sourced under the MIT license.
- nioctib.tech is added to the awesome-bitcoin list.
- Jameson Lopp promoted nioctib.tech by this tweet.
- nioctib.tech is added to Jameson’s Bitcoin Resources list.